Kimchi Science Research A hub of global Kimchi culture and the science of fermentation. World lnstitute of Kimchi
Kimchi Science Research
The Kimchi Functionality Research Group conducts research to provide a scientific and clinical basis regarding the health functionality of kimchi in order to explain the health functional excellence of kimchi and its raw/subsidiary ingredients and to improve the competitiveness of the domestic kimchi industry.
Major Areas of Research
- 01Explanation of the effects of kimchi health functionality
- 02Explanation of the health functionality of kimchi raw/subsidiary ingredients
- 03Explanation of the development and efficacy of high-value added materials originating from kimchi
- 04Explanation of the characteristics of kimchi microorganisms based on multi-omics information
- 05Operation of the Bank of Kimchi Resources and Information (functional lactic acid bacteria)
Clarifying the Health-Promoting Effects of Kimchi
Clarifying the Functionality of Kimchi Development of Functional Material
- Background Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a growing global interest in Kimchi, but there is a lack of scientific evidence and systematic information about the superiority of Kimchi.
- Goal Scientific validation of the superiority of Kimchi through cellular/animal model systems, microbiome, nutritional biochemistry, and human application tests.
- Significance Recognize the value of kimchi by scientifically identifying the excellence of kimchi and turn it into an asset as a future traditional food