Kimchi Science Research A hub of global Kimchi culture and the science of fermentation. World lnstitute of Kimchi
Kimchi Science Research
The Hygiene, Safety, and Packaging Research Group researches technology for detecting and regulating potential hazard factors (pathogenic microorganisms, hazardous substances, etc.) related to kimchi to secure the quality, hygiene, and safety of kimchi and real-time monitoring system technology for kimchi quality management. It also researches the development of functional kimchi packaging technology to provide kimchi quality information in real-time and to regulate gas within the packaging.
Major Areas of Research
- 01Development of technology for detecting and regulating hazardous factors related to kimchi
- 02Development of technology managing and regulating the quality, hygiene, and safety of kimchi
- 03Discovery of kimchi lactic acid bacteria resources that can adapt to low temperature and research into their specialization
- 04Material research for the safety of functional kimchi packaging
- 05Kimchi quality-indicating packaging technology
- 06General operation of the Bank of Kimchi Resources and Information
Development of Kimchi Quality Management Technology that Responds to Consumer Demand
Quality, Safety, and Packaging Strengthening the Fundamental Strength of Kimchi Companies
- Background The development of technology is required to respond to the ongoing hygiene and safety issues of Kimchi both domestically and abroad and to meet the needs of consumers.
- Goal To develop quality, safety, and packaging technologies for the supply of high-quality Kimchi and to establish a comprehensive management system.
- Significance Contributes to the improvement of the safety of manufactured Kimchi by establishing quality management throughout the production process, and enhances the competitiveness of domestic Kimchi quality.